I'm in Australia visiting Sarah and resting up after my trip to Africa and I've just been thinking alot about my role in the world. In Africa, my eyes were opened to the need for the power of the gospel to extend beyond words and literally change peoples lives not just indiviually, but as a family, community, country etc... What's my role in that? Even today I was at this little coffee shop in Paddington reading an Australian home magazine and it had a whole article on how big our "eco footprint" is-basically how our everyday lifestyles effect the environment- everything from from food choices, to transportation. Then it measured how many earths it would take to sustain my lifestyle which was really frightening. I had not really ever thought of my life affecting the world in that way before. I could talk forever about the article but what it really made me think about was how choices I make everyday, big and small, actually really matter. really.
No comments:
Post a Comment