March 4, 2008

doo doo bugs






We have these little bugs that live around our townhouses that we have officially named doodoo bugs... I don't remember exactly how they got that name but either way...we are not big fans of them. Now that the weather is warming up, they think that our front porches are their official tanning deck, how rude!


So a few days ago Emily saw our neighbor spray bug spray into a crack near his door and tons of doo doo bugs came crawling out! Sick! After trying to talk one of emily's friends into being our house bug boy...we took matters into our own hands. What's weird is when we went out on our porch to spray...all the doo doo bugs were hiding and i think we only killed like 5.


I'm afraid after posting these pictures we'll find out that the bugs are some endangered species or that the bug spray we used is horrible for the environment and I will feel like a jerk. But here you go anyway! :)

5 comments:

Emily Malloure said...

I hate the doo doo bugs! They got that name because Tifah and I saw the same bugs in Michigan and they were making brown stuff (love doo doo) that was staining everything! It was sick. I really hope they're not taking over our entire building!

aubs said...

OH MY GOSH - after living with 1,000's of these bugs for the past few years, Ashlyn and I have often wondered what they were called...
"Doo Doo" is perfect!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

AMY! Hi sweet friend. I was so glad that I found your blog. I have loved reading up your life lately. Hope things are well!
Ashley (Haney) Evans

Unknown said...

Ummm .... so glad I don't live with those things any more. We get them sometimes at our new place, but not as bad as you have it there. ohhh..doo doo bugs:(
PS-excited to hang out on saturday!

Unknown said...

Eew! Half of my family refers to those bugs as "Democrats," which I found offensive :) They cover my grandparents' brick house, so I dubbed them "brick bugs." Funny how no one knows what they really are! I hope you can get rid of them somehow...greatly improve your quality of life.