March 17, 2008

mary poppins?

Since my pr job isn't full time, neither are my pay checks. To remedy that problem, it looks like I am stepping into the wonderful world of child care :) I have started nannying for a family two mornings a week from 6:30am to 9:30am! Yes, that's 6:30 in the morning, which means I'm up at 5:45! The family is great and I just help their kids get ready in the morning and take them to school. So here are a few of the lessons I have re-learned so far...

1. nothing is worse than your sister playing with a toy that you want.
2. the things inside a refrigerator will always be fun to look at and take out and put back and take out and put back.
3. If you want a real hand/eye coordination test, try putting socks on a squirming one-year-old
4. everything tastes better cut up into small pieces.
5. the best way to choose a toy is to dump them all out on the floor, every single one.

i'm only 2 days into it, but I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Kate said...

love it! it is best to dump out every single toy and then decide that you don't even want a toy in that box. you are fun! i'm glad it has worked out...or least for the 2 days you've done it!