May 5, 2008

mad bike skills




Well, maybe not "mad" bike skills, but I do pride myself on random things about bikes that I've accomplished. Like buying the cheapest bikes ever. This one below I bought in Long Beach from these guys who were having a garage sale. I originally bought this cool 80's bike from them for $5 but then I upgraded to this awesome cruiser for $10. They liked my southern accent to I milked it for all it was worth! :)


Then last year I bought this bike from a granny who was having a yard sale. She said it was her mom's bike. A granny's mom's bike- how old is that?! But I didn't have any bike tools and the seat was for someone who was like 8 inches shorter than me. Emily and I rode it to Kate's house last fall and I think I had shin splints by the time I got back from peddling on such a short base.

So saturday I went to University Bikes and finally bought the little tool to adjust the seat. One of my neighbors and I sat outside and cleaned and fixed our bikes while these 2 five-year-old twin girls kept getting their barbie jeep stuck on the tree out front. It was awesome :)

I rode my bike around the block to make sure everything was working right. The bike has these old gears in the middle and when I switched them the chain came off and I rammed my knee into the gear end... OWWW!!! Pain... I still have a huge knot and bruise on my knee.

But now everything is working, so call me if you want to ride bikes soon!

No comments: