today was a fun day at work. We went to Denver Children's Home...the oldest non-profit in Colorado and the recipient of some much needed help from Oprah's Big Give winner Steve Palleta. Both Steve and Eric, another contestant on the show, came back to Denver to celebrate and see what's been happening at the home. It was neat to talk with them about their experience on the show and what they are hoping to do next.
Although they did kind of burst my bubble about reality tv...it's all planned in advance....and totally scripted...bummer :(
My favorite part of the day was when a few of the kids performed their raps they had written about their lives. A local band, The FLobots, volunteers with these kids every friday. Talk about a perspective check! It was incredible to see what these kids have come from and the hope and perseverance they have now! It's neat how much their lives have changed because someone decided to step in and give them some time and love.
oldies
10 years ago
1 comment:
so I just randomly downloaded flobots the other day.. I have no idea how I came across them.. and I havent listened to it yet - but funny to read how they help every friday! What a fun experience getting to do that! Im going to pretend reality TV isnt scripted! :)
Post a Comment