January 14, 2008

in case you didn't know I'm cheesy

This is really cheesy and will only make sense if you know me....So today I had a soundtrack moment. It was kind of a crazy day and I was sitting at Saxy's working at my computer thinking about the thousand directions my life could go in every second. (tiring huh?) I was sitting at those tables against the windows staring outside and kind of also ease dropping on the people sitting next to me (oops!) I had my headphones on and John Mayer's Stop This Train came on. There is a line towards the end where I guess John is talking to his dad and his dad says "don't stop this train, don't for a minute trade the place you're in..." and I was hooked :) If someone had come up to me to talk I probably would have repeated the line to them with alot of conviction, which probably would have scared them.

The song reminded me of earlier this morning.... Kate and I had gone for a walk and we were talking about how when life seems to catch up to us, in a single moment we feel desperate and convinced the God is all of a sudden not in control. How silly and forgetful can we be? Like all of a sudden, at that exact moment, He decided not to care or something. I'm really thankful that God's existence and nearness isn't based on my feelings. Today I read through Ephesians 1 and was just struck by God's full understanding and delight in what He does for us, even in our major lack of understanding and moments of disbelief.

Here's some Ephesians 1 for ya :
"In Him we have redemption (deliverance and salvation) through His blood, the remission (forgiveness) of our offenses (shortcomings and trespasses), in accordance with the riches and the generosity of His gracious favor, which He lavished upon us in every kind of wisdom and understanding (practical insight and prudence), making known to us the mystery (secret) of His will (of His plan, of His purpose)."

2 comments:

Brooke & Freeland said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! (with me kicking my feet up while Im sitting on the couch, SNL reference, anyone??) But really - I can just see you jamming out to the song & then someone walking up in the middle of your revelation! Im glad you are living in the moment!! Love you

Emily said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I just saw on Brooke's blog that your birthday was the other day and wanted to say "hey"! Hope you're having a good new year and had a fabulous b-day!